I am not one to moan but I really do not like taking buses. Of course at this time, my choice is very limited but hopefully not for long.
Sorry Brian Souter. However, I’m sure we all understand that when a product or service is introduced, not everyone will love it, so I am simple one of the many people that does not like taking buses. While I do not mind taking the train or tram, it is predominantly because trains and trams have a completely different atmosphere to that of buses.
So here are my ten reasons (in no particular order) as to why I dislike taking the bus:
1) Aggressive People- on the buses I take, there is always that one person who looks really angry. It makes the atmosphere awkward and gives me an uneasy feeling, especially as the bus is always very compact.
2) Staring people- you tend to get a lot of people that just stares and stares at you.
3) Dirty- It’s just never really clean.
4) Noisy- Sometimes it’s just way too noisy.
5) Slow- I don’t expect buses to speed but do drive a bit faster than 20 mph.
6) Not much say- I don’t feel passengers have much say in terms of ‘bus law’. An example of this is when the bus I’m on stops for like 10 minutes to switch bus drivers. I am sure this can be organised a lot better. No need to be waiting around for ten minutes. People have work to go. However, all we can do is sit and wait.
7) Smell- this is one of the worst for me. Buses just always seem to smell.
8) People stood in the way- It’s awkward saying ‘excuse’ to someone five times before they finally make a move to clear the way.
9) – Contaminated Air- with people coughing and not covering the mouths, the chances are very high of catching a virus in such compact environment.
10) Almost never on time- trains and trams comes at the time they said they will, however, buses seem to never be on time. The timetable at the bus stop may say the bus will arrive 7:30.. keep in mind you won’t see this bus until 10 minutes later.
So these are my 10 reason why I hate taking buses. If you can relate, please feel free to comment and let me know :).